Introducing a wireless RS-485 communications device that is compatible with most 2-wire RS-485 products on the market. The perfect solution for those installations where wired connections are cost prohibitive. Configured using simple DIP switch settings. Air-485TM has a built-in signal strength indicator to assist you in a quick and easy installation. Air-485TM supports Point-to-Point and Point-to-Multipoint network topologies with incredible ranges and reliability.
One of the biggest challenges in setting up a wireless system is determining the optimum placement of the RF modems to obtain the right balance of range and signal strength. The Air-485TM RF modem contains three LEDs which provide a simple visual indication of signal strength. No meters or other equipment are required for the installation. Because the Air-485TM modems are totally separate from the wired or wireless LAN, there is no need to configure complex network parameters or involve any IT departments.
Features and Benefits
- Works with most 2-wire RS-485 products
- Indoor/Urban: 400 m (1300 ft.)
- Line-of-sight: 10 km (6.2 miles)
- 900 MHz Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS)
- Supports baud rate of 4800 kbps, 9600 kbps, 19200 kbps and 38400 kbps. Configurable via DIP switches
- 128-bit AES encryption
- Ideal for installations where wired connections are cost prohibitive
- Supports USB and RS-485 connection with auto detect
- Supports point-to-point and point-to-multipoint network topologies, as well as multiple networks per site
- Built in signal strength indicator LEDs simplify device placement
Note: Data format supported is 8 bit, no parity, one start bit, one stop bit, and no hardware flow controls. A site test must be done in all instances to confirm performance. There are no short cuts!
|Size||112.5 mm x 87.5 mm x 25 mm [4.4 in x 3.4 in x 1 in]|
|Weight||225 g [8 oz]|
|Operating Temperature||–40°C to +85°C [–40°F to +185°F]|
|Environment||Indoor (Outdoor version available in Nema enclosure)|
|Frequency||900 MHz FHSS|
|Baud Rate||4800 / 9600 / 19200 / 38400 kbps (Selectable via DIP switches)|
|Power||USB or 12VDC@1A (with optional power supply)|